Brickfield House and Sunshine Estate, Crumlin Road, Dublin 12 have been rezoned from Z6 (employment) to Z1 (Residential) areas.
Variations to the Dublin City Development Plan 2016 – 2022 will be going on public display from Friday 29th November 2019, to the Wednesday January 8th 2020 (inclusive of the Christmas period).
Variation documentation are available to inspect at the Area Offices at Wood Quay and Crumlin.
- The details of the proposed Variations will also be available to inspect in hard copy at the Civic Offices in Wood Quay
- Details of the Variations can be accessed online on the Council’s Citizenspace consultation portal: https://consultation.dublincity.ie/planning/proposed-variations-no-8-27
- Submissions or observations may be made
- Online through Citizenspace, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- By post to the following address: Ms. Avril Feeney, Administrative Officer, Planning and Property Development Department, Block 4, Floor 3, Dublin City Council, Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 8.
- If you require any further information or assistance please contact Emma Gosnell email@example.com or Patricia Hennessy firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zoning Objective Z6 – To provide for the creation and protection of enterprise and facilitate opportunities for employment creation. To: Zoning Objective Z1 – To protect, provide and improve residential amenities.
SITE LOCATION AND DESCRIPTION
These Z6 lands (2.2932) comprise the Sunshine Industrial Estate and Brickfield House in Crumlin. The lands are located in an inner suburban location and are served by Crumlin Road, a major arterial route into the City from the west and a public transport corridor (QBC and proposed Bus Connects Route). The land use is primarily warehousing, storage, commercial and light industry characterised by low scale / intensity of development.
PURPOSE OF THE PROPOSED DRAFT VARIATION
The Z6 lands reviewed comprise low scale / low intensity employment uses; a significant element of the land bank is vacant. Given the inner suburban location of the lands which are serviced by a public transport corridor and in order to reflect the broadly residential character of the wider surrounding area of the area a change of use from Z6 to Z1 (residential) zoning is proposed.
Strategic Environmental Assessment
The Planning Authority has determined that the proposed Variation would not be likely to have significant effects on the environment, taking account of relevant criteria set out in Schedule 2A of the Planning and Development Regulations, 2001, as amended, and taking into account observations by the EPA dated 25th November 2019 and Inland Fisheries dated 21st November 2019;
An Appropriate Assessment Screening was undertaken of the proposed variation of the Dublin City Development Plan, in accordance with the requirements of Article 6(3) of the EU Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC) and EU Birds Directive (79/409/EEC). The Stage 1 Screening determines that Appropriate Assessment of the proposed Variation (the draft Land use plan) is not required as the proposal, individually or in combination with other plans or projects, is not likely to have a significant effect on a European Site. On this basis, Dublin City Council as Competent Authority (in compliance with Part XAB of the Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended), has determined that an Appropriate Assessment of the proposed Variation is not required The observation from Inland Fisheries Ireland dated 21st November 2019 was taken into account.