Drimna is a former parish of the barony of Uppercross, Dublin spreading from the parish of Terenure to Dolphin’s Barn. The Marquis of Landsdowne owned Drimnagh Castle which lands extended from the Naas Road, Longmile Road, Grand Canal and Bluebell to the parish of Dolphin’s Barn.
Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish, Mourne Road, Drimnagh was constituted in 1942 from Terenure and Dolphin’s Barn Parishes. The parish church was built in the centre of Drimnagh in 1943 encompassing both private property homes, bordering North Crumlin and Dublin Corporation parlour homes extending northwards towards the Grand Canal. The area was originally know as North Crumlin. However, the introduction of the postal system in the 1970’s created the individual suburb of Drimnagh.
The parish has evolved throughout the decades and have overseen other services within the community such as
- Educational Services in Drimnagh