Spiritual well-being is an integral part of mental, emotional and physical health. It is a primary coping resource on the journey of recovery and healing. It is one’s own journey to discover things of importance in life your place within that space. How the effects of spiritual well-being impact you is greatly determined by each individual It provides a pathway and empowerment to understand that stresses/challenges in life do not define you by circumstance.
- Spirituality maybe associated with religion. You can be spiritual without attending religious services.
- It can be a healing of the mind for those receiving treatment for substance abuse, eating discords, mental health conditions and/or trauma or grief.
- There are three primary areas of Life Experiences
- Relationships (including self-esteem, healthy connection to others and an authentic connection to a Higher Power, God or Spiritual Dimension)
- Personal Values
- Purpose in Life
Benefits of Spiritual Well-Being
- Feeling content with your life’s situation
- Making time to spend alone and find inner peace
- Taking time to reflect and resolve life’s issues
- Finding satisfaction in a job well done
- Participating in an active lifestyle
- Maintaining a work life balance
- Building relationships
- Having a purpose and meaning in life
- Accepting the challenges in life